We are now using the SafeArrival system for parents to report attendance. Families are able to report and/or schedule absences through any of the following options:
- Using your mobile device, download and install the SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. The first time you use the app, select Sign Up to create your account using an email address we have on file for you. Select Attendance then Report an Absence.
- Go to the Troy City Schools website and click on Parent Resources at the top. You will find a link to SafeArrival on the page. The first time you use the website, select Sign Up to create your account. Once again, please remember to create your account using an email address we have on file for you. Select Attendance then Report an Absence.
- Call the toll-free number 877-521-7951 to report an absence using the automated phone system. This number is for Troy City Schools only.
View the SafeArrival User Guide.
All three options are available 24 hours/day, 7 days a week. Future absences can be reported at any time. Same day absences, such as for illness, should be reported as early in the morning as possible.
If you forget to report your child’s absence, you will begin to receive automated notifications an hour and a half after school starts. These notifications will start with email and app notifications, then progress to texts, and finally via phone. The notifications will direct you on how you can confirm the absence through SafeArrival. Safeguards are in place to prevent students from reporting their own absence. If our system is unable to reach you, office staff will follow up.
To pick-up assignments for your child, please call the main office number by 9:00 am. If you request homework, please let us know if you would like to pick it up at the end of the school day or send it home with another student. Homework can be picked up between 2:30 - 3:00.
A tardy is excused when a pre-arrangement has been made with the office for medical appointments. Please indicate if they will be eating a school lunch or packing their lunch. If the student is out for more than two hours, that student will be marked absent for that half day period.
LEAVING SCHOOL DURING THE DAY
There are times when your child will have to leave school for a doctor's appointment, etc. For any student to leave school during the school day, the parent or responsible adult must sign the student out of school on the sign-out sheet in the office. We cannot allow students to sign themselves out of school for obvious reasons.
HOW ATTENDANCE IS FIGURED
- School is in session - 7:40 A.M.
- Student is considered tardy after - 7:40 A.M.
- Student reporting to school after 8:10 A.M. or dismissing before 2:25 P.M. is considered partial day absent.
- Dismissal time - 2:25 P.M.